Sunday 30 March 2008

Hold the middle

This is me, as I appear on the killing grounds of Halo 3. I've spent a lot of time there recently, mostly in what are called Big Team Battles. 16 players, 8 to a side, fighting it out across maps that once existed solely in the minds of those magnificent people at Bungie and now brought stunningly to life on my telly-box.

It's marvellous. Technology aside, I love the spontaneous
camaraderie of 8 people, who may never have met in the real world, banding together to strive for a common goal. Or, as can happen, 8 people running around, getting in each other's way and just having a blast.

"Hold the middle" Copyright El Burrhito at TTL.

The picture above is an un-retouched, hi-def, screen grab. It reminds me of 80's sci-fi paperback cover art. Stunning, if you like that kind of thing. Which I do.

It's been Team Swat this weekend. Teams of 4, limited weapons and instant-kill headshots. It's fast and furious and just so much gosh-darn fun. Ach, it's not for everybody but whatever gets you through the day, right?

No comments: