Sunday 22 July 2007

Clear the decks

Finally managed to get up into the loft and sort out some of the excess gear I've got lying about up there. I swear, 90% of the stuff I've got has never been used. It's all "bargains" or "spares" or "nice to haves" or "what if I need?"s. But, at the end of the day, it's just stuff. It doesn't add anything to my life if it's sitting in storage. It's just more clutter. And clutter gets right on my t*ts, these days.

Who actually needs 7 tents, 8 rucksacks, 4 stoves and 11, that's right 11, windproofs? No' me, that's for sure.

So off to Ebay they go, initially in batches of 6. Any more than that and I find that Ebaying becomes a hassle, answering questions from bidders, finding packing materials, wrapping stuff up and carting it to the Post Office. Sometimes it ain't worth the grief.

Last time I had a clear out, I foolishly left the money in my Paypal account and, of course, ended up buying more stuff because it disnae feel like spending real money, does it? This time, the dosh is going straight in the bank.

Hopefully, by the time I've finished, I'll have a leaner, meaner gear collection. Less choice = Quicker Out The Door Time, or that's the plan, at any rate.

No comments: