Sunday 23 December 2007

By Your Command

One of the highlights of my telly viewing week was the much-anticipated (by me, at any rate) Battlestar Galactica: Razor. Now, I was never a fan of the original series, finding it just a wee bit too "cheesy" for my taste*.

As I've said before, I like my sci-fi dark, intelligent and, quite frankly, grown-up. (Don't mention the "new" Dr Who. Jeez!) When the "re-imagined" Battlestar Galactica came along, I was hooked. Three seasons later, I still think it's one of the best bits of sci-fi ever. Seek it out, if you can. (3 Seasons in one DVD boxed set for £35. Bargain.)

Love, Sex, Death, Betrayal, Violence, big budget special effects and a superb cast. Marvellous.

I'll be buying Razor on Boxing Day, when it comes out on DVD.

*Spoiler Alert!
.
.
.
.
.Read no further
.
.
.
.
However, I was tickled that vintage Cylon Centurions put in an appearance during Razor, as The Guardians, the stuff of Cylon legend.

No comments: